The design of the Leopold Museum, by architects Laurids Ortner and Manfred Ortner, is a bright cube clad in white shell limestone from the Danube river. With an exhibition area of some 5,400 square meters over five floors, the spacious rooms awash with light offer an ideal setting for the presentation of the Leopold Museum's collection as well as temporary exhibitions. Located in the MuseumsQuartier Vienna – one of the world's largest and most frequently visited art and cultural areas – the Leopold Museum is a key cultural center of the city. The Leopold Museum lies on an axis with the Kunsthistorisches Museum, whose collections, which extend to the nineteenth century, also form a continuous link as it were with the contents of the Leopold collection, which cover the period from the nineteenth century to the Second World War. Together with the mumok – which focuses on post-1945 art – on the other side of the grand court, this triangle contains a substantial cross-section of art history.