The purpose of Salon Leopold is to offer uncomplicated access to the world of art, initiate discussions, discover Vienna as a place of contemporary art production, and increase appreciation for the Leopold Museum’s remarkable collection. As a member of Salon Leopold, you invest into the future of this institution as well as supporting our research and the expansion of our exhibition and art education programmes.
Advantages of Salon Leopold
- Numerous events within and outside the museum, like guided tours and visits to private collections, artists’ studios, and galleries
- Newsletter for Salon Leopold members showing all scheduled and planned activities as well as event tips
- Full year entry pass with welcome goodie bag
- Accompanying children’s activities and priority reservations
- Discount on admission for a second person when you visit the museum (EUR 2,00 discount on full admission price)
- Possibility of bringing guests along to selected events
- Free participation in all public guided tours
Becoming a member
The minimum annual contribution for members is EUR 300,00*. The annual contribution for a couple’s membership is EUR 500,00*. This contribution supports the exhibition and art education programmes directly. Membership in Salon Leopold is open to individuals from Austria as well as from other countries. The total number of members is limited.
*The amount of this contribution to Leopold Museum Wien exceeding EUR 80,00 per person is tax-deductible in Austria as business expenses for companies according to § 4a Abs. 4 lit b EStG 1988 respectively as special expenses for private individuals according to § 18 Abs. 1 Z 7 EStG 1988.
Pursuant to the change in tax regulations effective since 1.1.2017, the deduction for donations by private individuals will be applied automatically in the course of the annual tax assessment. In order for the automatic tax deduction for your contribution to be processed correctly, your date of birth and social security number must be submitted to the tax authorities by the Leopold Museum.