BECOME A SPONSOR, PRESERVE ART!
Following conservation measures carried out by the Leopold Museum’s restoration department, Hans Makart’s triptych will be made accessible to the public. We are currently looking for active supporters to help us undertake the necessary restoration work which will safeguard the long-term preservation of the painting and ensure that the masterpiece will be enjoyed by generations to come.
Become part of this important restoration venture and help us make the work accessible to countless art enthusiasts. Every donation to the Leopold Museum is deductible as an operating expense or special expense in accordance with §4a EStG [Income Tax Act].
HANS MAKART: MODERN CUPIDS
Oil on canvas
Side parts: 147 x 236 cm each
Central part: 292 x 167cm
RESEARCH ON THE PAINTING TECHNIQUE
- Microscopic examination of the paint layer structure
- Radiographic examination
- Technological analysis of pigments and binders
Research costs: EUR 4,500,-
CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION OF THE PAINTING
- Surface cleaning
- Conservation of areas of loose paint layers and of weaknesses in the image carrier
- Flattening of deformations and optimization of fabric tension
- Reduction of layers of yellowed varnish and removal of old retouching
- Infilling of losses and renewal of varnish
- Restoration of the ornate frame and stabilization of the framing
Conservation and restoration costs: EUR 24,500,-